The Six-Step MASTER Plan to Mastery Learning
|The Six-Step MASTER
- steps to mastery learning:
How to make learning enjoyable and successful:
- create a low-stress environment - one where it is safe to make mistakes, yet expectation of success high.
- ensuring the subject is relevant - you want to learn when you see the point of it.
- ensuring the learning is emotionally positive - humor and encouragement, regular breaks and enthusiastic support.
- consciously involving all the senses as well as left-brain and right-brain thinking.
- challenging your brain to think through and explore what is being learned with as many intelligence as are relevant.
-consolidating what is learned - by reviewing in quiet periods of relaxed alertness.
Accelerated Learning methods, MASTER Plan -a mnemonics created by AC Learning Trainer Jayne Nicholl, author of Open Sesame:
Your Mind: be in a resourceful state of mind - being relaxed,
confident, and motivated. Having the right attitude towards learning
The most important factors in learning are: Motivation, motivation, motivation.
2. Acquiring the Information: absorb the basic facts in the best way that suits your sensory learning preferences.
3. Searching Out the Meaning: long-term memory requires that you search out implications and significance - the full meaning - understanding as oppose to knowing - for example, you may know the date of the US Independence, but understand why Independence was important to America is searching for meaning.
4. Trigger the Memory: Learning Strategies for Memory - develop techniques to help improve your memory - e.g. visual learning maps
What You Know: Rehearse to self and others - teach / tutor - if you
can teach it, you're really showing that you fully comprehend
on How You've Learned: Not upon what you learned, but how you
learned it. What lessons can you draw for the next time? -
Taken from the Book:
|Maintained by email@example.com|